You create error-free code from content in various digital formats, deliver real-time posting requests, bring architect and designer vision for our products to life, love raw code and can work independently or with a team.
- Create and maintain web applications that scale infinitely in the cloud.
- Implement efficient code that consumes massive data sets and presents our end customers with elegant ways of understanding information.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Be the bridge between our data and and analytics teams, and our end customers, that truly tells a visually compelling story about the information we provide.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Development, and Advanced Analytics teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our applications.
- Always be hungry to learn and innovate with new technologies and techniques to build the very best of commercial software in the world.
- Advanced technical aptitude with modern web application frameworks and experience working against relational databases and big data/NoSQL structures are required.
- Experience in consuming streaming/real-time data and visualizing in a web application framework.
- Experience in creating API/abstraction layers for both public/private consumption.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on applications and processes to answer diagnose and remediate issues.
- Commercial web application development is a plus.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
A degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field. 2+ years in a UX Developer role, and experience with:
- Angular, React, node.js, or other modern web application frameworks.
- Big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra.
- AWS cloud services to deploy large scale web applications.
- Stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc. is a plus.
Travel may be required.
Do you believe you are a fit? Please send your resume/CV to [email protected].