EV Technologies seeks a Data Scientist to help discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and empower our customers to make smarter decisions and deliver even better products. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems.
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques.
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods.
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed.
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems.
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis.
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner.
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance.
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab, etc. Excellence in at least one of these is highly desirable.
- Experience with automated modeling tools (Spotfire, SAS, SAP Predictive Analytics, etc.) a big plus.
- Must speak fluent plebeian.
- Great communication skills.
- Experience with data visualisation tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc.
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig, Sqoop.
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase.
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Good scripting and programming skills (Java preferred).
- Data-oriented personality.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Statistics, Mathematics, or Computer Science a must. Other areas will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Graduate degree a plus.
Some light travel may be required.
Do you believe you are a fit? Please send your resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.