SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.1 Support Pack 2 is now available in the SAP Service Marketplace. In addition to the usual fixes, SP2 does include a couple of new features such as new functionality in the Web Intelligence RESTful SDK. And finally, Web Intelligence has some grouping functionality that was sorely missed from Desktop Intelligence.
Some of the documentation is already posted; however, neither the Product Availability Matrix (PAM) for supported platforms nor the Forward Fit spreadsheet (which indicates which patches from previous releases are included) are up-to-date. While everyone is waiting for these important documents, you may want to download the software from the SAP Service Marketplace and put it onto a sandbox environment, which is what we’ll be doing this weekend. In particular, customers already on the BI 4.0 or BI 4.1 platform need to insure that they aren’t losing any critical patches by applying the support pack.
- The official SAP BusinessObjects Maintenance Schedule Calendar with Forward Fit plan
- SAP Note 1838620 – SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.1 What’s New?
- SAP Note 1929831 – SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.1 Support Pack 2 Installation Guide
- SAP Note 1929832 – SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.1 Support Pack 2 Upgrade Guide
- SAP Note 1929843 – SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.1 Support Pack 2 Release Restrictions
- SAP Note 1929844 – SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.1 Support Pack 2 Fixed Issues
- Product Availability Matrix (PAM) for SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.1 updated with SP2 on 11/24/2013