Solving the mystery behind your data
Sherlock is an SAP Certified Solution that provides BI on BI about your SAP BusinessObjects landscapes to enable better decision making for your organization’s BI strategy. Sherlock is a collection of inspectors that run silently while gathering the needed metadata about each of your SAP BusinessObjects landscapes. This data is integrated into a single repository and accessible by our suite of pre-built analytics or custom analytics that you can create via the Sherlock universe.
Why choose Sherlock for SAP BusinessObjects?
Sherlock installs in minutes, inspects a landscape in just a few hours, and delivers actionable analysis in seconds. The Sherlock Real Time Service continuously monitors your BI landscapes to provide near-real-time metadata. Using pre-built analytics or your own custom analytics powered by the Sherlock universe, you’ll gain deep insight into your SAP BusinessObjects community, analytics, data sources, and how they all fit together. With Sherlock:
- IT leaders gain fact-based details on user adoption and resource utilization to be able to determine reporting costs by application or business area.
- Competency centers gain detailed information on how reports and report data are being utilized to determine what content is valuable and should be maintained as well as what content is no longer used and can be removed.
- Developers gain the ability to perform complete impact analysis on report changes as well as receive a detailed understanding of how each report is constructed.
- Administrators receive deep insights into system stability and performance risks as well as scheduling utilization and error management utilizing automated daily activity reports.
- Sherlock is available for the SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform and SAP Edge BI. A separate edition is available for SAP Crystal Server.
- Sherlock supports SAP BusinessObjects XI 3.1 and SAP BusinessObjects BI4, including BI 4.0, BI 4.1 and even BI 4.2.
- Sherlock requires a Microsoft Windows 2008 or 2012 server but can inspect any of the supported operating systems for SAP BusinessObjects, whether it is Microsoft Windows, Unix, or Linux.
- Sherlock requires a relational database (Oracle, IBM DB2, Microsoft SQL Server or mySQL)